Safety Sam's Tips for Safe Summer Travel
By Safety Sam
Memorial Day is this weekend, which means summer is just around the corner. And what does summer mean? Heading out on the open road with friends and family, and of course no school for the kids!
While his attention is usually at the track with NASCAR cars and drivers, our very own Safety Sam’s first priority is to make sure kids stay safe and healthy no matter where they are! So, as you get ready to head out on your summer excursions, here are some of Safety Sam’s tips for kids to make sure summer stays full of smiles.
- Pack the essentials to stay healthy while on the road
- Don’t forget your toothbrush, toothpaste, and any daily medication
- Get plenty of sleep so you can stay rested and get everywhere you want to go
- Find healthy snacks to stay energized
- Enforce Water Safety Rules- no running, pushing or dunking.
- When swimming in the pool or ocean, always swim with a buddy. Never swim alone.
- Wear shoes to not burn feet on hot surfaces, like pavement or sand
- Protect your skin – wear sunscreen
- Protect your eyes – wear sunglasses
- Be aware of your surroundings, especially in an unfamiliar place
- Avoid germs – wash your hands to avoid spoiling your vacation
Lend a Hand While Making Plans
While making your vacation plans for an upcoming race you can help kids Survive and Thrive by simply booking through Raceday Hotels™ by Hotels for Hope, the Official Hotel Booking Partner of NASCAR®. For each actualized room night booked through Hotels for Hope, up to two dollars will be donated to The NASCAR Foundation. So, check-in to your vacation today by visiting www.nascar.com/hotels.