The NASCAR Foundation is celebrating National Volunteer Week on April 15-22, 2018 by recognizing members of our very own volunteer family!
Chuck is fantastic volunteer that has not only volunteered with us at the track in Daytona and Talladega but also at local Daytona Beach events such as Taste of the 24 and High Speed Hold Em.
1. What inspires you most when volunteering for a non-profit like The NASCAR Foundation?
My inspiration to volunteer comes from previous experience with the scouting program and high school band booster program in Maryland, understanding the fundraising challenges, and the community benefits from those organizations. The foundation provides critical fundraising opportunities.
2. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Being a NASCAR fan since 1984, I take pride in the privilege to represent the foundation, work with the foundation staff, and non-profit organizations.
3. Are you familiar with The NASCAR Foundation events such as Taste of the 24, High Speed Hold ‘Em or Over the Edge? If so, which is your favorite and why?
Of the various events, my favorite would be the Taste of 24 for the opportunity this event gives local food and beverage merchants to showcase their goods with the proceeds benefiting the kids.
4. What was your most memorable experience as a NASCAR Foundation volunteer?
My most memorable experience thus far has been meeting the foundation staff and working with community volunteers John and Paul.
5. What were you looking to get out of this experience as a NASCAR Foundation volunteer?
Following retirement and relocation to Daytona Beach with a desire to work with NASCAR or at DIS, I was hoping to add some value to the community. I feel involvement with the foundation accomplishes that desire.
6. Why is volunteering with a non-profit that helps support children important to you?
My own children benefited from community non-profits. For that reason, supporting the foundation which in turn supports community non-profits and children’s health care is an important part of my retirement life.