Motorsports Hall of Famer Rusty Wallace has enlisted his NASCAR friends to join him for a day of fun and riding from Rapid City to the Sturgis Buffalo Chip on Wednesday, Aug. 7, 2019.
Winston Cup Champion and Motorsports Hall of Famer Rusty Wallace is gathering some of his fastest and most famous faces in NASCAR for the Sturgis Buffalo Chip’s first ever Rusty Wallace Charity Ride on Wednesday, Aug. 7. The public is invited to join the kick-off party in Rapid City’s Main Street Square, which will feature Rusty’s famous #2 car, “Midnight,” and a host of NASCAR celebrities. Those who register for the ride will receive fun swag, enjoy riding through the beautiful Black Hills with the celebrities and a private reception at the Buffalo Chip. One hundred percent of riders’ fees will benefit The NASCAR Foundation and South Dakota Special Olympics – Rapid City Flame. NASCAR memorabilia and a special VIP race experience will be just two of the items on the auction block at the Rapid City event.
“I’ve never met anyone as genuinely nice as Rusty Wallace,” said Rod Woodruff, President of the Sturgis Buffalo Chip. “Right from the beginning he was excited about this event, helping the charities and bringing his NASCAR buddies to join the fun. We’re plain thrilled to be partnering with Rusty and bringing this ride to Sturgis Rally fans.”
The World’s Fastest Superstars
As a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion and 55-time race winner, Rusty Wallace is one of America’s greatest racecar drivers. He is one of the top five money winners in NASCAR history with nearly $55 million in career earnings and ranked eighth best all-time career total victories. Wallace won at least one race in NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Series 16 straight seasons, the third longest winning streak in history. He is a member of the NASCAR Hall of Fame, International Motorsports Hall of Fame and National Motorsports Press Association Hall of Fame, making him one of only 20 individuals to have completed the “triple crown,” of America’s auto racing halls of fame.
Other famous faces expected to attend the Rusty Wallace Charity Ride this August include:
- NASCAR Vice Chairman, Chairman of The NASCAR Foundation and AMA Pro Racing Board of Managers Mike Helton
- Current NASCAR Cup Series champion contender Clint Bowyer
- Members from Team Penske race team
- Drag Racing Hall of Famer Don “The Snake” Prudhomme
- Off-road champion and Hall of Famer Walker “The Legend” Evans
- Off-road championship racer Evan Evans
Reservations and VIP Experiences
Registration for the Rusty Wallace Charity Ride is now open at RustyWallaceRide.com or by calling 605-347-9000. 100% of the rider fee of $185 per person will be donated to the charities and includes:
- Special Kick-Off Party at Rapid City’s Main Street Square
- Ride from Rapid City Main Street Square to the Sturgis Buffalo Chip
- Live NASCAR memorabilia and special race event auction
- Ride T-Shirt
- Meet-and-greet opportunities with some of NASCAR’s most famous celebrities
- Entry to the private Ride reception at the Buffalo Chip – hors d’oeuvres, beer and non-alcoholic beverages
- Silent auction at the Buffalo Chip
- Sponsor Swag Bag
The first 50 to register for the Rusty Wallace Charity Ride will receive a free 5-Star upgrade including:
- Free group photo
- Priority ride placement
- Reserved parking at both ends of the ride
- Opportunity to sit in Rusty Wallace’s famous #2 NASCAR at Main Street Square for a photo.
(Weight restrictions apply as the car has been constructed around the size and weight of the official NASCAR driver)
VIP Upgrade Package #1 is $50 per person and includes a Buffalo Chip general admission camping day pass good for Wednesday, Aug. 7. All Buffalo Chip concerts, races and events are free with a camping pass.
VIP Upgrade #2 is $850 per person and includes all of the above, VIP parking, entry to the NASCAR VIP dinner and VIP amphitheater seating for concerts on Wednesday, Aug. 7.