Grab your gear and come out to the Daytona International Speedway for the “License to Drive” fundraising event on Wednesday, July 21! The NASCAR Foundation is partnering with the track and ONE DAYTONA to host a first-ever track laps experience for the community. Participants will be allowed the rare occasion to take personal vehicles out for two escorted laps around the world-famous Daytona International Speedway.
A special ceremony will kick off the event at Victory Circle in ONE DAYTONA. Here, the Foundation VIPs will lead the first group of cars around the racetrack. The track laps are on a first-come, first-serve basis starting at 11:30 AM and ending at 7:30 PM. Only 50 vehicles will be allowed on the track at a time.
There are several ways to participate in this event:
- Register online with a $50 donation here.
- Buy and register your NASCAR specialty license plate before the event. The first 200 vehicles with proof of plate registration can drive the track for FREE.
- Attend the event and register on-site beginning at 11 AM. In-person registration will be available outside of Turn 1 at the racetrack.
You are also invited to Victory Circle at ONE DAYTONA between 11 AM and 1 PM for a NASCAR Foundation Celebration. Friends and families are welcome to enjoy lunch specials from local vendors in addition to raffle items, prizes, kid-friendly activities, and more throughout the afternoon.
We hope to see you there – for the kids!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
- If we pre-register and pre-pay, are we guaranteed access?
- YES –The last car goes on the track at 7:30 PM. Arrive no later than 7:00 PM to ensure you get on.
- What speed will you be escorted at on the track?
- 55 MPH
- Where on the track can I drive?
- While guests will be able to go on the banking through the frontstretch trioval, they will not be allowed on the banking in turns 1 & 2, and 3 & 4.
- Can I drive my motorcycle?
- No motorcycles, RV’s or tractor trailers will be allowed.